Saturday, December 1, 2012

Virgin A Day - Day One

Last year I had the priviledge of joining in with other bloggers - serious bloggers - unlike myself, in Virgin A Day meme with the lovely Rebecca over at recuerda mi corazon
 

I could hardly contain myself, when I realized that December first was almost upon us, and the beginning of another 12 days of "Mary".  I have a special relationship with The Blessed Virgin, she is ever with me, whether I am aware or not.  I just love catching those special glimpses of her....





This is a new image of her I've not seen before.  I found it searching the web, and I don't know the artist, but would like to find out who it is.  I find it interesting that each artist has his/her own idea of how Mary looked.  Although she was definitely not fair skinned such as this depiction, I'm sure Mother Mary appreciates the beauty of it.  I love the sweet smile, it makes me smile too. 

 
 
 
 
Be sure to have a peek at recuerda me corazon for the other offerings of Virgin A Day - Mornings With Mary.  I'm sure you will be pleased with what you find.  Join in if you are so inclined!
 
Thanks again Rebecca, I am pleased to be a part of your project! 
 
 
Peace be with you,
Shannon


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Shannon! So nice to read your comment on my blog - thank you.

    I think that the beauty of The Virgin is Her ability to appear and speak to people in a form that they understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - I have made a soulcollage with this image before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but notice the thorns behind Mary...

    Mary of the Shadows

    Any chance you could turn off word verification? It's really very difficult to decipher. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMTeacher, I turned it off! Thanks I wasn't aware it waas turned on.

      Delete
  4. I too have this image but don't know who the artist is. Beautiful and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen that image before. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear shannon,
    so lovely to have you join in. i love this painting of mary so much!
    i promise to get back to you with the painters name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear shannon,

    i am so happy to share this link to a wonderful post by my friend noelle. it will tell you what you what to know about the beautiful mary painting! http://theangelswearfins.blogspot.com/2010/12/virgin-day-madonna-and-child_11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca for posting this. How on Earth did I not see it last year? I am bookmarking it for future reference.

      Delete